Monday, April 20, 2009

Nemesis!

Seems everyone has at least one task, feature, or design that just fights you every step of the way... mine is wing stays!

After going through the trouble of making new wing stays, I just couldn't get the screws short enough to keep them from interfering with the wing wire. I got there eventually, but gheeze... what does it take!



This is what I ended up with: SAE 6-32 hardware and the aluminum posts that have a shoulder which have a nice tight fit in the carbon fiber holes.



..and the set screws will keep things nice and tight... right?

Now to figure out what I want to do for a wing. The one I have is pretty beat up. I might just fold one up from an alloy sheet. I like those best.

I got a lot more done today as I began the re-assembly. It is a little late for me to blog this effort tonight so please stay tuned. Here is a sneak peak:



The gear cases are installed and the bottom chain guide is now sealed. I'll take you through this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment